Sunday, April 21, 2013

Our Why


It has been about a year that the Lord has been dealing with me about adoption. He has had to take too much time to get a whole lot of me out of me. I have had to come to the realization that this is not about me. It is all about having a heart willing to follow. Having a heart willing to serve. A heart willing to love beyond comprehension. All about dying to myself. And let me tell you, I am so very thankful that He continued to call. That He never gave up on me, but even more thankful that He never gave up on our child. Wherever it may be. I am so very thankful for that!
My husband, Donnie,  has never questioned the Lord’s will here. His heart has been ready for adoption for many more years than mine. It has never actually been that I do not have the heart for adoption or that I do not desire to adopt because I do. It has always been more about the fear of so many things within it.
How are we going to get into a home big enough? How are we going to pay for an adoption? How will it affect our lives and the lives of our girls? Will I love them as much as I do my biological children? Will our families love and accept them? Did you forget who you are talking to Lord? The list goes on and on and on. I had an excuse for everything and I let the Lord know them.
All He could say was, Do you know who you are talking to, Sasha? Haven’t I always taken care of you? Supplied your every need? Calmed your fears? Stepped in and took over when I knew you could not handle another second?
Yes, Lord. You have. Every single time.
So this is what I now know….I am ready to follow. My heart is finally there.
I know there are going to be trials along the way. Probably more than I could ever imagine.
I know it seems like a crazy, impossible journey.
But most importantly, I know this is what God is calling us to do.
Period.
So if you are wondering why. If you are asking all the same questions that I have….the answer is plain and simple.
Because God wants us to, and that is all that matters.
I ask for love, support, and prayers as we begin our journey through adoption!
Praying God blesses each and every one of you!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment